Pagina 3 di 4 PrimaPrima 1234 UltimaUltima
Risultati da 21 a 30 di 40

Discussione: [The English Pub] chatting, discussions , arguments

FazerItaliano Manico L'avatar di kimiko
    sorry but......do you know "lidl"?????

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Spike
    I would mean that we have to wait for a while ...

You used a non canonical form of affermative sentence: "I do understand..." and so on. It is like a strengthening in the spoken language, but it doesn't exist in the formal english. Tell us something.
    Most people doesn't frequently drop in this room, particularly the ones who relegated us inside here, so I belive that not many answer will arrive.

The auxiliary verb "do" used in an affirmative sentence is, as you wrote, a strengthening, as "I really understand...". I don't really know if this form is usable only in the spoken language and not in the written one, but I suppose that in a case like this, we are writing as we were friendly talking in a pub, so that colloquial forms can be allowed.

I find your English very good and rich of colloquial forms, I suppose you spent a relevant length of time in an English spoken country and I think I have to learn a lot from you. So sometime I have to concentrate myself to understand your message. If you add that, as everybody, you sometimes commit typing error, I have to scrape my had to understand whether what you wrote was an unusual form or a typing error.
    For my own interest, I ask you to write your posts in Word (as I do, I’m not so sure anymore of words spelling) so I can be (almost) sure, that what I read is a form I don’t know and not a typing error

please....can you slow down a bit??

google translator does not understand one "fava" of what you are writing.....

FazerItaliano Manico L'avatar di olitour
    Torri di Q.lo - VI - (magnagati perifery)
    Can we spam in english simetimes on this 3D?
    I have an amazing story (in maccheronic english) to post; can I do?
    - msg + km * - internet + cabernet

«Motociclista fai da te? No Attila? Bojacan, ai ai ai...»

Valore aggiunto?? Se lo cerchi, lo trovi!

di corsa.... ....ops.... ....of course

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da olitour
    May we spam in english sometimes on this 3D?
    I have an amazing story (in maccheronic english) to post; may I do it?
    Please do!
    if your English will happen to be too much "maccheronic" we will spread you with shit, but nothing else or worse will happen to you (dear foreigner friends excuse me for this expression, it is an Italian gross expression used for joke).
    By the way, the automatic forum editor which cut and censure impolite terms doesn't work with English words.....

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da kimiko
    please....can you slow down a bit??

google translator does not understand one "fava" of what you are writing.....
    Fava? what's "fava"?

do you mean a "broad bean"?

How does a broad bean concern with google translator?

http://www.wordreference.com/it/

FazerItaliano Lesto L'avatar di Roadrunner
    Citazione Originariamente Scritto da NewAldo
    Citazione Originariamente Scritto da olitour
    May we spam in english sometimes on this 3D?
    I have an amazing story (in maccheronic english) to post; may I do it?
    Please do!
    if your English will happen to be too much "maccheronic" we will spread you of shit, but nothing else or worse will happen (dear foreigner friends excuse me for this expression, it is an Italian gross expression used for joke).
    By the way, the automatic forum editor which cut and censure impolite terms doesn't work with English words.....
    Oh, here we are...

I'd write: "if your English will be too "maccheronic", we will shed a lot of shit on you...". What do U think about ?
    You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.

Well, as this thread has became a chat line between us I’m going to tell you how I’ve been spending my last week end.

You must know that I like the “do it yourself”. Particularly I like very much to be independent and realise anything I need exactly as I like it, when I want it, not having the need to contact other people who arrive when they want and realise the work more or less as they like. I do myself almost everything I have to do both inside and outside my house. The only field in which I don’t operate is electronics.
    I live in a small house in the country, on a hill just behind Genoa at 350m of altitude, but facing the sea, which I can see far down the valley. At about one o’clock p.m. the sunlight reflects on the sea surface towards my house and I can see from my windows the whole sea surface shining of sunlight and the big ships in the middle waiting for entering the harbour.
    It’s a position I love so much.

Well, as I was saying I use to do all my works myself.
    The most urgent work I have to do is to rebuilt my balcony stair. The actual stair is made of iron profiles with steps of wood. That stair is 40 years old, and I am afraid that one day or another it could let me drop down. I’ve already substitute the steps twice, but now it’s the iron profile that concern me. Rust has deeply corroded the profiles and the stair is becoming less ad less safe.
    I have to buy new iron profiles to cut and weld together to produce a new frame. I have the intention to order the new steps in undying stone.
    By the way I am going to built the new stair a little longer and a little higher than the actual one to eliminate an annoying step on the top of the stair between the stair landing and the balcony floor. Furthermore I would like the stair to became a bit longer to have the possibility to open a small logline, whose ceiling is actually closed, and often get stuffed with leaves and sand. Unfortunately the stair rests actually just on the ceiling of the logline

Now the problem is to buy the iron bars and carry them home. I have an iron supplier not too far away from home but the problem is to carry long an heavy bars by my own, without calling a truck owner. I have a trailer which can be towed by my car, but his dimension is not enough to contain the bars. Besides, I don’t like bars protruding out of the trailer on the back side (and over a specific length it is no legal too)
    So, Saturday morning, I have built an iron frame to mount on the trailer at the front side, which allows to carry the bars inside the back side of the trailer and to keep the front side of them resting on the frame over the car roof. A bar welded at the middle of frame is fixed at the front side of the trailer frame by a bolt for a rapid assembly and avoids the frame to lay down and let the bars drop on the car roof.
    A couple of weeks ago Alberto Angela in his tv programme Ulisse explained that one of the first steps in the development of the human brain is the use of tools to build tools. I am glad to realise that I am at least more clever than a Neanderthal man
    What else I did in the week end is a matter for the next post…

FazerItaliano Novello
    Unfortunately this topic is interesting but also a p2p-type* one in this forum, like the one opened by Spike concerning Caravaggio's exhibition in Rome.

* p2p = pearls to pigs

Permessi di Scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  •