Pagina 4 di 8 PrimaPrima ... 23456 ... UltimaUltima
Risultati da 31 a 40 di 74

Discussione: LOL finally...

FazerItaliano Lesto L'avatar di Italianblu
    Wow......I was really thinking this thread was abandoned and forgotten..........nice to see there's someone that's regularly writing in it.........

My learning curve: school first, of course. I joined a post-school afternoon course since the basic school (elementari) and always paid great attention to English lessons in the following years.
    In the years 2000-2006 I had a working experience which brought me to have daily relationships with stranger fellows who were speaking English only, and in 2005 I even had some working trip to USA.
    All of this allowed me to blow off dust from my school English and to make it a bit better than before.
    The only serious problem I encountered is with the understanding of americans when they speak fast.........

Raffaele - Tessera N° 661 - Yamaha Fz1 Fazer 'PhantomBlack'
    Nazionale 2006-2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013
    FazerSud 2008-2009-2010-2013
    Fazerincontro Sud 2012

Ciao Amsi, ciao Maury

Tesoriere Club L'avatar di Brividoblu
    Funny you mentioned the comprehension issue. I haven't been having any problems with Americans, a bit more with Aussies and NZL, worst is with English people.

Anyway, nothing beats a drunk Scot
    Marcello
    �Gli Appennini sono per me un pezzo meraviglioso del creato.� (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Viaggio in Italia)
    Proud A.R.T. Member #63

FazerItaliano Andante L'avatar di monalisa
    Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Brividoblù Visualizza Messaggio
    Funny you mentioned the comprehension issue. I haven't been having any problems with Americans, a bit more with Aussies and NZL, worst is with English people.

Anyway, nothing beats a drunk Scot
    I wholly agree with you, dear Blue shiver! By the way, ever heard a Canadian? It was a pleasure for me to listen to my Canadian lecturer at the university...almost relaxing...
    eeehh I'm sorry...but not that much

I don't know if the Canadian accent may influence in some way the Washington State's way of speaking (when I was in USA I was in Seattle), I only know that, when I was there, I needed to repeat very often: "slow down please......"
    On the other hand must be said that Canadian accent is likely influenced, in some areas, by the French that's spoken on the East Coast........ where your lecturer was from, exactly?

Presidente Club L'avatar di ocreatur
    I think it really depends on where or from whom each one of us has learnt English.

I have lived in Linconshire for two years, but I had the chance to speak/listen to a mixture of slangs (US included) as I used to play baseball in a US Air Force Base close by.

Still I had problems when I went to Texas for example: the afro american driving the shuttle bus from Dallas to Whichita Falls and the young kids on the bus gave a really good shake to my comprehension abilities
    Lamps a tutti, Costantino (R 1250 R HP '20, Crosstourer ‘17, WR 450 F)

Presidente Club Fazeritalia

FazerItaliano Lesto L'avatar di Roadrunner
    Citazione Originariamente Scritto da ocreatur Visualizza Messaggio
    I think it really depends on where or from whom each one of us has learnt English.

I have lived in Linconshire for two years, but I had the chance to speak/listen to a mixture of slangs (US included) as I used to play baseball in a US Air Force Base close by.

Still I had problems when I went to Texas for example: the afro american driving the shuttle bus from Dallas to Whichita Falls and the young kids on the bus gave a really good shake to my comprehension abilities

I came to Rome last week, You'd have to go out with us to have some fun and drink for a good omen to them who stole your bike !
    You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Il Magro di Oz Visualizza Messaggio
    I came to Rome last week, You'd have to go out with us to have some fun and drink for a good omen to them who stole your bike !
    Aren't you the one who never understands a cock?

Presidente Club L'avatar di ocreatur
    Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Il Magro di Oz Visualizza Messaggio
    Commander I think we'll have plenty of time to have a laugh together when you will be posted to the Navy Staff

I was really in a bad mood last week and moreover I was busy at work till very late at night... Tell you about it face to face
    Lamps a tutti, Costantino (R 1250 R HP '20, Crosstourer ‘17, WR 450 F)

Presidente Club Fazeritalia

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Italianblu Visualizza Messaggio
    Aren't you the one who never understands a cock?
    Yes, of course. Actually, I usually don't want to understand anything of the things are going on in this forum. In my opinion, it's becoming a bit boring.
    But, maybe it's due to the bad season that's still impending on us; in spite of these days' bad weather, the Spring has to come and with it will come the rides, and alone or with friends we'll find curves and fun.Perhaps we all only need to drink something with good fellows, that's all !
    You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da ocreatur Visualizza Messaggio
    Commander I think we'll have plenty of time to have a laugh together when you will be posted to the Navy Staff

I was really in a bad mood last week and moreover I was busy at work till very late at night... Tell you about it face to face
    Take it easy, that's life.
    In confidence, I will do everything I can do to not be there, too many things are changin' and it doesn't worth a pence...
    ...I'll try.